Cat 9 BBCOR Upgrades
The Marucci Cat 9 debuts new AZR alloy technology which is a drastic upgrade from its predecessor, Cat 8. The AZR alloy utilizes an advanced 3-stage thermal treatment process. The AZR aluminum has the same strength as the Cat 8’s AZ105, however, the AZR alloy has a more responsive microstructure for better performance across the entire barrel. In addition, the AZR material should still display the same impressive strength that we have come to expect from CAT bats without sacrificing durability.
The second upgrade on the Cat 9 BBCOR is what Marucci is calling the Longitudinal Groove System (LGS). The LGS is a set of grooves that runs longitudinally across the thickest wall section allowing for specific weight re-location and more flexibility at the sweet spot. This manufacturing process removes extra weight from the thickest part of the barrel and then allows that barrel to flex without the loss of barrel pop and performance. The upgraded AZR alloy material and the new LGS technology features were specifically implemented to improve barrel performance and feel when compared to the Marucci Cat 8 BBCOR.
Due to the NCAA rule disallowing white barrel baseball bats in 2020, the Marucci Cat 9’s all-black look is a stunning aesthetic update that mixes both performance and style. We predict this one-piece alloy will be one of the most popular one-piece BBCOR bats on the college and high school baseball scenes in 2021.
- A 12 month no questions asked warranty through the manufacturer.
- BBCOR certified
- One-piece alloy construction
- Balanced swing weight and feel
- 2 ⅝" barrel
- Utilizing a three-stage thermal treatment process, the new AZR alloy creates a more responsive microstructure for (1) better feel, (2)more forgiveness, and (3)more performance while maintaining the same strength as the CAT 8.
- Using a Longitudinal Groove System, LGS, across the thickest section of the barrel wall allows for excess weight reduction while also increasing flexibility for increased performance on the sweet spot.
- Multi-variable wall design creates an expanded sweet spot and thinner barrel walls create a more forgiving feel after off centered contact
- 2nd Generation AV2 Anti-Vibration knob features an upgraded, finely tuned harmonic dampening system for better feel and less negative vibrational feedback when you do not make contact directly on the sweet spot.
- Ring-free barrel construction allows for more barrel flex and increases performance with no "dead" Zones
- Precision-balanced barrel results in a lower M.O.I. and balanced feel for precision and control
- The professionally inspired handle features a removable taper and an ergonomic knob shape for more top-hand control and comfort
- Micro-perforated soft-touch grip with extra tack improves feel and control